To dive into the latest research and results from the Ohio Demonstration Farm sites, take a look at our 2021 Project Update.
What you’ll find inside:
- Ohio’s Water Quality Problem
- About the Blanchard River Demonstration Farms Network
- How to Improve Quality through Reliable Conservation Practices
- The Impact of the Blanchard River Demonstration Farms Network
- New Satellite Research Sites Added
- Latest Research, Resources, and Tools
- What’s Ahead for the Blanchard River Demonstration Farms Network
- How to Implement Conservation Practices to Reach Your Land Management Goals
- The Demonstration Farm Families and their Conservation Practices
Edge of field monitoring is allowing researchers to evaluate the potential impact on nutrient management and make recommendations on the effectiveness of that practice in reducing nutrient loss.
Aaron Heilers, project manager of the Blanchard River Demonstration Farms, talks about the edge-of-field monitoring network and how it helps us identify what practices have the greatest impact on reducing nutrient loss.
On this episode of Field Day with Jordan Hoewischer, we talk with Dr. Kevin King from USDA Agriculture Research Service about his Edge of Field Monitoring program, which services as the backbone of scientific information for most nutrient and soil management decisions in the Midwest.